Friday, February 8, 2008

Thinking


My life isn't complicated. I am sitting with my committee while they discuss what my art should or should not be. They think I am giving too much information. I think about this and wonder if art is suppose to be confusing and mysterious. I nod quietly knowing I need to slip through these hoops carefully. I actually paid for these hoops, I mean real money and a lot of it. I like these people. They really don't have an agenda to confuse me or make it more difficult than it is but sitting here I realize I am not complicated. I am not mysterious. I experience and then I feel. That pretty much sums it up. So be careful of stumbling blocks. Because life is not complicated.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

AMEN!
I'm not complicated either.

Jordan said...

I too often carefully place around me my own stumbling blocks, superfluously complicating it all.

Ann said...

I am usually my own stumbling block. Good for you mom.

No Big Dill said...

Ryan always says he doesn't understand art. Who says what is art? I'm glad you're confident enough to know how you like to execute your art and enjoy it. You do good work. I'm glad you don't let others complicate it either.