Friday, June 6, 2008

Leaving the Garden

So I am waxing nostalgic. But this time of year I forget the cold and snow. As we pack up I feel like Adam and Eve being cast out of the garden. I don't think Korea is the lone and dreary world but it is so beautiful right now in Happy Valley. It smells good, the crickets are happy, the deer are REALLY happy, and the days are still cool.
Kurts magic touch (hard work) is evident everywhere outside. But we won't multiply and replenish the earth with converts sitting and smelling the peonies!





6 comments:

gammy said...

Yes, the new owners are lucky to enjoy the fruits of dad's labor. Beautiful. Is it possible for you guys to bring some of mom Burch's iris bulbs?

gammy said...

That was me (Katy) above.

Unknown said...

Yes! I bring some of Mom Burch's yellow iris and my favorite--a frilly white with purple edging.
PS I don't challenge everyone, I just want to get the correct answers to my questions, and check out all the options.

Jordan said...

It IS a terrible time to leaves Provo (:! But worth it.

I've been looking for Peonies everywhere here, just can't seem to find them.

Ann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ann said...

A very bitter sweet time. The yard is breath-taking!