Tuesday, May 22, 2007

HOLY WOMEN

I just returned from wrestling with three grandchildren. Seth, Lucy and Hazel have again won my heart! I find it so gratifying to watch another generation repeating the process of nurturing and guiding children down the path to happiness. It is a holy work that is ultimately just composed of the gift of sacrifice and giving. We learn to give until we think we don't have enough to give anymore and we wake up and do it again. It was a good reminder of the process since that journey really never ends. So thanks to Seth, Lucy and Hazel for reminding me why I only wanted to be a mother! I had no idea this would lead to such fun as a grandmother. Lucy, I'm theriouth.

1 comment:

Jordan said...

I'm "theriouth" too--you saved our lives!! THanks a million times over and LOVE the new blog!!