Sunday, January 4, 2009

Can You Say: No More Licorice for You?


Yes siree! Say NAE (yes, in Korean) if you like black licorice! With Leonardo next to Elder K and Tom Cruise on the right, I snapped a photo of these lucky Koreans eating licorice FOR THE FIRST TIME! The first piece went all right. But when Elder Knudsen offered them the last two pieces they took them TO BE POLITE. (A terrible waste of black licorice) and could barely get them down. I taught them the word: YUMMY. They didn't know that word, nor did they think the licorice was yummy. Sad.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I say, "yummy"!

No Big Dill said...

Similar in Japan, also interesting is Root Beer. They cannot stand the medicinal taste. It tastes much like an herbal brew that they gargle for sore throats. I tried it and thought "hey this tastes like rootbeer--yum!".

Thus the two cultures unspiral again.

No Big Dill said...

obviously that was me RD--not the beauty in the hat.

Ann said...

I say yummy too!