Saturday, December 6, 2008

Fresh Beans?



Another to the list of amazing things in Korea! Fresh beans! I am frustrated because beans as we know them in the United States are really non existent in Korea or if we do find them like these cans of Garbanzo and Black Beans, they are a stack of Korean won--almost $4 a can! They import them from Italy. They do have some very expensive dried beans which I bought and cooked but they didn't taste very good--very dry and bland. So we bought these fresh beans from a lady sitting on the ground in the subway station. This is our second try at fresh beans and they are VERY yummy!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Fresh is best. And Sister Knudsen knows beans!

Jordan said...

I'm so glad you found your beans! That's better than losing your marbles!

No Big Dill said...

I always craved Mexican food when I was in France. We take our neighbors for granted, don't we?

Ann said...

How do you go about cooking fresh beans?

Rebecca said...

You just throw them in the water and cook away! I found dried black beans today. I am in mexican heaven