Saturday, July 26, 2008

Five Girls and Still Glamorous!


Happy Birthday Katy!
I love this stage of life watching our children have children. All the things you taught them are put to the test. But the best part is they are actually smarter than what you taught them. I watched Katy give birth to Clover in such a gentle, dignified way. She finally delivered a baby on her terms, how she wanted it to be. Sometimes it takes practice to know what you want. I am so grateful for a daughter that strives above all else to do what it is right and good.
But back to the glam. I watched Katy move around like a dancer, only a pregnant dancer--bending, reaching, holding children, twirling around her house like carrying a child was the easiest thing in the world. That was a sight to behold. I love you my dear, dancing, Katy! I celebrate today--maybe with a dance!

2 comments:

No Big Dill said...

I oftentimes think, "How would mom have done this or responded?" as I am flailing to raise these girls. Thank you for your kind words, but more importantly, thank you for your example! Love you!

l i z said...

Katy, congratulations on little Clover! I'd love to be invited to view your Blah Blah Blahg! (please, please)...